Use your Debit Card Anywhere Visa is Accepted
Instead of writing a check or carrying cash, use your Fortera Credit Union Visa Debit Card - accepted at millions of retailers worldwide anywhere the VISA® logo is displayed.
Fortera Credit Union offers instant issue debit cards in all of our branch locations. In just a matter of minutes, your debit card will be printed while you wait. In addition to our standard Debit Card, there are several options to choose from.
As a valued member, we are pleased to offer you Verified by Visa. It’s safe and easy and protects your card against unauthorized use when you shop online at participating retailers. Once you activate your card, Verified by Visa protects you at every participating online store – so only you can use your card. Look for the Verified by Visa symbol; it’s your way of knowing that you are shopping with an additional layer of security.
Other Card Options
My Rewards Debit Cards
You are using your debit card anyway, why not upgrade to earn rewards and exclusive benefits just for using your card? Upgrade your debit card to a My Rewards Gold or Platinum Debit Card. For a small monthly fee, you can choose the Gold or Platinum options where you’ll earn cash back, reward points, plus gain valuable benefits like roadside assistance, discounts, coupons, and more! Click here to register or log in to My Rewards. Have questions? Contact the Benefits Hotline at 910.202.3428.
Click here for Debit Card Disclosure.
Going out of town? Don’t have your card denied at the register – notify Fortera Credit Union before you leave.
Fortera Credit Union employs fraud monitoring to help detect and protect against ATM/debit card fraud. The fraud monitoring process is designed to identify and investigate transactions that fall outside of your normal usage patterns. If you plan to travel domestically or internationally, please notify Fortera Credit Union prior to traveling to minimize the chances of your debit card being blocked for unusual activity.
Visit any branch to set the travel notification, or you may contact us at 931.431.6800 or 800.821.5891, or notify us by logging in to your account and sending us a message. Please provide your travel location and dates of travel.
If your Fortera Credit Union Visa Debit Card is ever lost or stolen during business hours, immediately contact us at 931.431.6800 or 800.821.5891. If your debit card is lost or stolen during non-business hours, immediately contact us at 800.264.5578. International callers can call collect to 412.552.2698.
We also recommend reviewing your account to ensure there are no fraudulent charges appearing on your statement. If you notice any charges on your account that were not made by you or any joint account holders, please contact us at 931.431.6800 or 800.821.5891.
You may not know it, but you have round-the-clock protection against the increasingly savvy perpetrators of debit card fraud. That’s because the cards we issue are protected by FraudWatch®PLUS.
Through an important partner of ours, we provide industry leading technology, tools and the expertise to manage fraud. Experienced fraud analysts work around the clock, watching for any suspicious card activity and will contact you immediately if they detect potential fraud on your card.
So, if you ever get a call from ‘Fraud Prevention Services’, know that they are doing their job to prevent potential fraudulent use of your debit card. If you are contacted by a FraudWatch analyst of suspected fraud, please call 866.842.5208. International callers may call collect to 412.552.2697.
At Fortera Credit Union, we are concerned about your security!
If you notice charges on your statement that you do not recognize, Fortera Credit Union is here for you. Sometimes these charges are due to fraud, but sometimes not. If you need assistance with making the decision about whether you should dispute a charge or make a fraud claim, click here.
Tips for protecting yourself against ATM fraud
- Keep your Personal Identification Number (PIN) a secret. Memorize your PIN, never write it on your card or store it with your card.
- Do not reveal your PIN to anyone not authorized to use the account.
- Never use your date of birth, social security number, license number or street address as a PIN – those are the first numbers a crook will try.
- Don't throw away your ATM receipts at the ATM location, dispose of them properly when you get home.
- Always be aware of your surroundings when using the ATM. If it is late at night, try to use a machine that is well lit and avoid dark, remote locations.
- Always make sure to retrieve your ATM card from the machine when the transaction is complete.
- Be aware of the person behind you. Make sure no one can see you entering your PIN or how much money you withdraw.
- Watch for ATM skimming devices.
Tips for protecting yourself against debit card fraud
- Always sign your card immediately.
- Review your statement promptly to ensure all transactions are accurate; report any discrepancies immediately.
- Destroy old debit cards immediately after receiving your replacement cards.
- When making a purchase with a debit card, make sure you get the card back and the receipt. Check the receipt for accuracy.
- Never disclose information in response to unsolicited emails or phone calls.
- Shop carefully online – only use secure sites displaying the “lock” logo and/or use web addresses that start with “https”.
- Call us immediately if your debit card is lost or stolen.