We use money apps every day. Venmo, Apple Pay, and Zell have all become household names. Before you press send, pause and make sure you are moving money in a safe and secure manner. See some tips below on how to protect yourself and your hard-earned money.
Money App Safety:
- Set up the app so that it requires a two-step authentication before money is transferred. This can help to safeguard your funding accounts by making sure that you are the one that has authorized the transaction.
- Slow down and make sure all of your recipient’s details are correct: Before you press ‘send’ or ‘pay,’ make sure you have the right username, phone number, photo, or other identifier.
- Take the time to verify your recipient’s identity with a phone call or a video call before transferring funds.
- Avoid connecting your money apps to your social media accounts. If you must do so, make sure to set up two-step authentication on your social accounts in addition to your money apps.
- Never send money to strangers! Money apps are designed for sending money only to family or close friends.
- Don’t use the money app for business purposes. If you have a business, look into payment apps specifically meant for business users.
- Keep your money app up-to-date. Updates are designed to protect you from scammer’s most recent tricks.
Secure and Easy-To-Use
Download Fortera’s mobile apps and enjoy effortless money management and the comfort of secure transfers.
Fortera Credit Union Mobile App - Download at the App Store or Google Play.
ForteraCU Cards App - Download at the App Store or Google Play.
Fortera Video Chat - Download at the App Store or Google Play.