Easy to Apply, Quick Approvals
With a low rate, no annual fee, no balance transfer fee and no cash advance fee or higher rate for cash advances, carrying our card is just a great value – plain and simple. See tab below for our disclosures.
Platinum Credit Card
Platinum Rewards Benefits:
- Earn points toward cash back, gift cards, gadgets & more – each time you use your card
- No annual fee*
- No cash advance fees*
- 25-day grace period for purchases
- Statement checks
- Accepted at merchants and ATMs worldwide
Chip Technology improves the global usability and security of your card as more merchants at home and abroad switch to advanced chip card terminals.
Mastercard Global Service™ provides 24/7 assistance with lost and stolen card reporting, emergency card replacement, emergency cash advance, as well as assistance with locating ATMs.1
Mastercard Airport Concierge™ provides a Meet and Greet agent to assist with flight connections plus, at select airports, expedited security/immigration processing.
Mastercard ID Theft Protection (IDT) provides you with access to a number of Identity Theft resolution services, should you believe you are a victim of Identity Theft.1
Mastercard Priceless® Cities offers unique access and special experiences so you can enjoy more of the cities you love.3
Zero Liability means that in the event that your card is used to make unauthorized purchases—whether made in a store, by phone, or online—you won’t be held liable.2
Already a cardholder? Click here to view your point balance or redeem your points.
Click here for information about EMV Cards.
To apply for a Fortera Credit Card, click here!
*See tab above for our disclosures.
- 1Certain restrictions apply. For details, see the Guide to Benefits.
- 2Certain restrictions apply. See www.mastercard.us/zero-liability for details.
- 3Certain restrictions apply. See www.priceless.com for details.
Mastercard and the Mastercard brand mark are registered trademarks and Mastercard Global Service and Mastercard Airport Concierge are trademarks of Mastercard International Incorporated, used pursuant to a license. All third party trademarks referenced herein are the property of their respective owners.
Secured Credit Card
Perfect for Building or Rebuilding Credit
In today's world, having a credit card is practically a necessity. But, what if you don't have an established credit history, or you've had credit problems in the past and want a fresh start? In these situations, the Fortera Secured Credit Card is an ideal solution!
What is a "Secured" Credit Card?
With a Secured Credit Card, money in your savings account is used as collateral, or security, for your credit card. You continue to earn dividends on your savings as you build or re-build your credit history with responsible use and on-time payments.
How Does It Work?
Decide how much of a credit limit you would like on your Fortera Secured Credit Card.
- Put that amount into your Fortera Credit Union savings account to be held as collateral. This money may not be withdrawn while it is being used as collateral for your credit card.
- You may use your Fortera Secured Credit Card to make purchases, up to your credit limit, which is the amount on deposit in your savings account.
- Each month make on-time payments to establish a good track record.
- Your good track record will be reported to the credit bureaus, which means you begin building a positive credit history.
Advantages of a Fortera Secured Credit Card
No previous good credit is required to obtain a Fortera Secured Credit Card and you control your limit with the amount you deposit in savings. Plus, as you get into the habit of making your payments on time, you'll be rewarded with a credit score that opens up options for loans down the road.
Ideal for College Students
A Fortera Secured Credit Card provides convenient access to funds for students and can help them build their own credit history.
Enjoy the Convenient and Affordable Fortera Secured Credit Card
No annual fee
- No balance transfer fee
- Low minimum payments - only $25 or up to 3% of balance, whichever is greater
- 25-day grace period
- Accepted worldwide at retailers and ATMs that display the MasterCard® logo
Click here for information about EMV Cards.
Transfer Balances and Save!
Your Fortera Credit Card saves you money!
Not only will you enjoy low interest rates and No Annual Fees, you can also save by transferring balances over from other credit cards!
There are 3 ways to transfer balances to your Fortera Credit Card:
- Take a cash advance from your Fortera Credit Card and make a payment directly to the credit card you wish to pay off.
- Visit one of our convenient branch locations and speak to a Member Advisor.
- Log in to Online Banking.
• Click the ‘Cards’ tab at the top of the page.
• Using the drop down, select the Credit Card account you want to transfer balances to and then click ‘Next’. (Note: Before you can begin this step, you may need to click the ‘here’ link in the pop-up blocker warning text if you have pop-up blockers set.)
• Click the ‘Services’ tab and then select ‘Balance Consolidation’
• Enter required information
- • Click submit
Interest Rates and Interest Charges
|Annual Percentage Rate (APR) for Purchases||
9.15% to 18.00% based on your creditworthiness. This APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate.
|APR for Balance Transfers||
4.90% to 8.90% Introductory APR, for qualifying members, for 12 months from account opening, based on your creditworthiness.
After that, or if you do not qualify for an introductory APR, your APR will be 9.15% to 18.00%, based on your creditworthiness. This APR will vary with the market based on the prime rate.
|APR for Cash Advances||
9.15% to 18.00% based on your creditworthiness. This APR will vary with the market based on the prime rate.
Penalty APR and When it Applies
This APR may be applied to your account if you:
How Long Will the Penalty APR Apply? If your APRs are increased for this reason, the Penalty APR will apply until you make six consecutive minimum payments when due.
|How to Avoid Paying Interest on Purchases||Your due date is at least 25 days after the close of each billing cycle. We will not charge you any interest on purchases if you pay your entire balance by the due date each month|
|For Credit Card Tips from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau||To learn more about factors to consider when applying for or using a credit card, visit the website of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau at http://www.consumerfinance.gov/learnmore|
.80% of each transaction in U.S. dollars
Up to $37.00
Up to $20.00
How We Will Calculate Your Balance: We use a method called "average daily balance (including new purchases)."
Promotional Period for Introductory APR. The Introductory APR for balance transfers and cash advances will apply to transactions posted to your account during the first 90 days following the opening of your account. Any existing balances on loan or credit card accounts are not eligible for the Introductory APR for balance transfers.
The Introductory APR for purchases will apply to transactions posted to your account during the first three months following issuance of your card.
The information about the costs of the card described in this application is accurate as of May 1, 2019. This information may have been changed after that date. To find out what may have changed, contact the Credit Union.