At Fortera, we strive to serve you as a trusted financial partner and we’ll treat you as our friend. Among friends, we get to be real and share life’s ups and downs. As we face these times together, we understand your concerns. Because we believe knowledge and action help alleviate worry, we’ll keep you regularly informed of our steps to protect you and your credit union against the spread of COVID-19. Click here for a message from Fortera's Chief Executive Officer.
Doing our part to flatten the curve, we have determined it to be in our members’ and employees’ best interest to close our branch lobbies beginning Saturday, March 21.
- With these measures, you will still be able to conduct all full service banking transactions through our drive throughs, Contact Center and remote banking options. The drive through lane closest to each building will be dedicated to commercial and loan transactions. Our team will be adaptive and innovative to ensure our service to you continues without interruption.
- Exceptions: The Clinic Drive branch (located inside the Hopkinsville Walmart Supercenter) will be closed completely during this time as employees support branch drive-thru service in other locations. The Madison Street branch drive-thru will be closed for repair March 24-26 and will re-open on March 27.
- We are extending member support hours to serve you outside normal business hours during this time. Our Contact Center Service Agents are available to assist you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We are increasing the number of Service Agents to reduce call wait time and are deploying branch team members to serve you through the Contact Center.
- Fortera’s remote banking options are also available to serve you anytime anywhere. You can easily apply for a loan, make deposits, review account activity, pay bills, transfer funds, set card alerts and more through the convenience of your computer or mobile device.
- There’s no question we’re all concerned about the safety of our families, co-workers and those we serve. Together, we’re doing all we can to protect each other’s well-being. Yet in this time of uncertainty, we know that you might be worried about the safety of your money too. We get it and want to help answer any questions you may have.
Your money is secure and insured.
- Fortera Credit Union is solid and unwavering. Your credit union is rated as one of the strongest credit unions in the country. We have ample resources and capital to remain strong during volatile economic conditions. Because of that strength, we are, and will remain, the safest place to keep your money. Additionally, your deposits are federally insured up to $250,000 by the National Credit Union Administration and backed by the United States Government.
- If you’ve considered stockpiling money under your mattress, resist the temptation. Worse things can happen when you risk a devastating loss from fire, theft or other crises. Your money is in the safest place at your Credit Union and will be readily available when you need it.
We’re here for you.
- Amidst continual changes with the Coronavirus pandemic, some things remain unchanged. Your money will always be safe at Fortera Credit Union and we’re here to help you navigate these times in any way we can. In fact, credit unions were created during uncertain economic times as people came together to help each other. This cooperative movement is why we exist and reflects the spirit behind our “We’re All In” rally cry.
- Fortera Credit Union works because we’re all in together. Let's continue supporting one another in this time of social distancing and need. Check in on your neighbors, friends and coworkers to see how you can help them. Need our help? Whether you’re experiencing financial difficulties or just have a question, please reach out and let us know. Give us a call or text us at 931.431.6800. We’re here for you now and always. Because that’s what friends are for.
Financial Relief Assistance
- Members who have been negatively affected by COVID-19 may have the ability to skip loan payments for up to 90 days. This includes all loans types: 1st mortgage, 2nd mortgage, auto, personal, credit card and business. Please contact us at 931.431.6800 to discuss customized solutions for your unique financial needs.
A Force For Financial Good
At Fortera, it’s our purposeful mission to uplift lives and the communities we serve. To be here for our members, for each other, and for those who need a helping hand.
Fostering the credit union mission of people helping people and our “We Serve” core value, we’ve committed resources to help out in our communities. Last week, Fortera made a contribution to the F.U.EL. program that supplied a week’s worth of food to each of 2,300 local children whose primary food source is school-served meals. As needs emerge, we will provide assistance for those directly impacted by the Coronavirus pandemic in each way we can.
We believe that now, more than ever, it’s important to stay connected and find new ways to interact while protecting our community’s health. We’re sharing some suggestions for ways to support each other, as well as local businesses and nonprofits during this time of need. Click here to learn how you can join us to reach out while staying in.
Mobile Banking: Download Fortera’s mobile banking app and make deposits up to $5,000 via our mobile check deposit tool.
Online Banking: Use online banking or mobile banking to transfer funds, make loan payments, or pay a person with Pop Money
Text and Chat: You can now text us at 931-431-6800 or chat with us from our website.
Debit & Credit Card App: Download the ForteraCU Cards App to check account details, make a payment, set up alerts and controls, turn your card on/off, and more.
CO-OP Shared Branching: Use the CO-OP Shared Branching locator app to locate a nearby shared branch ATM where you can get up to $605 in cash without a fee.
Apply Online: You can even apply for a loan or credit card online at www.ForteraCU.com.
1. Destination Staycation: With school closures and spring break near, we've collected some family fun ideas for making home a new adventure. Check them out here!
2. Tips for Working Remotely: Check out these tips for making working from home work for you.
3. Avoid Scams Related to COVID-19: Watch out for these red flags.
4. Wellness Over Worry: To keep wellness ahead of worry as a face uncertain times, we’ve shared a few of our favorite self-care suggestions.
5. How to Reach Out While Staying In: During this time of distancing, it's more important than ever to stay connected. We’ve shared some ways to support each other, as well as local businesses and nonprofits here.