Home Depot Security Breach of Debit and Credit Card Data
September 22, 2014 – Clarksville, TN
Recent news articles shared information about a security breach of debit and credit card data for cards used at Home Depot retail stores between April and September 2014. Home Depot has confirmed it is aware of unauthorized access to payment card data from credit and debit card purchases in its U.S. stores. The specifics in the Home Depot case are still under investigation.
If you shopped in a Home Depot store during the time period identified above, that does not mean data related to your account was taken, or that fraud has occurred on your account. However, if we receive a notice from Visa that your card number is listed as a result of the Home Depot data breach investigation, we will react quickly to notify you and issue you a new debit card. You may request a re-issue of your card at any time, if you believe you used your debit card in a Home Depot store between April and September 2014.
Fortera Credit Union (FCFCU) wants you to feel free to use your Visa debit or credit card with complete confidence. In the unlikely event that fraud occurs, Visa’s Zero Liability policy means you won’t be held responsible for fraudulent charges made with your card or account information. (Visa’s zero liability policy covers U.S.-issued cards only and does not apply to ATM transactions, PIN transactions not processed by Visa, or certain commercial card transactions. The cardholder must notify FCFCU promptly of any unauthorized use. Visit the website www.visasecuritysense.com for additional information.
In the interest of keeping you informed, and as protected as possible, the following tips are suggested:
- NEVER respond to suspicious emails or phone calls requesting personal or financial information.
- Pay attention to your account activity. The easiest way to monitor your account is to register for Online Banking from our website at www.fortcampbellfederalorg.
- Set up account alerts to receive an email or text alert each time a transaction posts to your account.
- Call the Contact Center at 800.821.5891 or 931.431.6800 option zero, immediately, if you see any merchant activity on your checking account that you did not initiate.
- Check recent and pending transactions on your credit card. In Online Banking, click through to your credit card statement and review your history.
- Set up activity alerts under the Communications tab where you view credit card history and transactions.
- Call Credit Card Customer Service at 800.654.7728, immediately, if you see any activity on your credit card account that you did not initiate.
We will keep you informed if additional information needs to be shared. Please rest assured we are doing all that we can to provide information and protect your account.